Propp suggests that there are 8 different character types in a story:
- Person-sought-for (Princess)
- False Protagonist
- Family Members
The task set in class was to see if this list is applicable to our own stories. I don’t think all of these are necessary but they are helpful to push forward the story.
- Vit – Ghost Girl, awoken from her grave because her skull was stolen.
- The Curator – Stole the skull for their collection of human remnants. May possibly be human themselves.
- Baby D. – From the Death family, can see and communicate with ghosts.
- Applicable to Baby D. aswell – They give Vit the ability to switch between a physical form and spirit form.
- Lewis – Another ghost, but who has been wandering for a long time alone.
- More like, knowledge-sought-for. Answers to why was the skull taken and what happened to the humans.
- I don’t think there will be one, this isn’t really a heroic story.
- The extra people that Vit interacts with like Kenny, that give information and clues to said question.